Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Do you remember your 1st musical love?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think the first band that really grabbed me and sent me running with cash in hand to the local department or record store was:
    The Beach boys. I missed their prime by many years but the 3 part harmonies and the images of the California dream and life style were enough to give the east coast teen some escape. This was when the "good" LP's were about $4.35 and the cut aways were $1.99.
    Elton John was number 2. I was hooked by vocals then lyrics.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Oh my, I'm blushing right now [img]redface.gif[/img] LOL...
    Does anyone remember REX SMITH~ God, I had the HOTS for him. And he's still ever so sexy to this day! Yum. And oh my,my,my Andy Gibb. R.I.P.
    Then there was Bowie, Elton John, God the list goes on. PETER FRAMPTON~ I Love his way! Ha...
    The Beatles~ even tho I was really young, I was age 5 when I fell in love with I wanna hold your hand, etc. The list goes on. So many men, so little time. Haha... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LILMOMMA216's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2000
    Posts
    252
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Mine was no doubt Bob Seger. I had all is records and 8 tracks. Yes the great 8 tracks. My Mom would have me sing his songs in front of a group of people at parties. Then she took me to see him when I was 7 years old.. I was totally in love with him.
    Dawn [img]redface.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi there,
    I guess I was a bit of a male chauvenist in my early daze. Rock was a "guy thing" in my mind. I loved all those british invasion groups, especially The Beatles <font color=blue>//oo\\</font> Stones, Kinks and Animals but I grew increasingly bored with rock music in the 70's (especially after John Lennon went on his self imposed hiatus) until later in the decade when I first heard Blondie!
    Wow what an ear-opener!
    I remember Debbie saying something about the guys having had their turn and women would be the new Elvis's from now on! Way...profound!
    My Blondie collection is proof of my love for that band. It's huge!
    Well...not as huge as My Beatle collection but pretty darn huge!
    So anyway...Then I heard Cherie Currie [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] and the rest is Herstory!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    4 sure!
    Gus

    P.S. Hey NYJ is that the Rex Smith that did a song called "Take My Breath Away?"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NewYorkJettster's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2002
    Posts
    3,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Yes Gus, he's the one that did that song, and yes he just took my breathe away again. Ha...

  6. #6
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Gosh NYJ you got it bad!! LOL! [img]redface.gif[/img]
    I really don't remember him but I went and checked out his website yesterday.
    Interesting career!
    The song has the same title as Berlin's 'Take My Breath Away.'
    I was curious if they were the same song but I seriously doubt it.

    See ya,
    [img]graemlins/hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JetRnk's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    My mom turned us on to music at a very early age. Janis Joplin was her favorite with CCR and The Allman Brothers coming in a close second.

    When I first heard The Allman Brothers Ramblin' Man, I was hooked. I think I was in the second grade when that came out. [img]eek.gif[/img] So I would have to say The Allman Brothers was the first band I liked.

    JetRnk

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Lancelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    456
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    When you're at that young adolescent age searching for an identity, a band connection is critical. Truth be told, no one Knocked my Rocks greater than Aerosmith [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] . I would sit there on my bean bag chair, in the dark, lava lamp and strobe light bouncing off my blacklight posters. The air thick with pounding rhythms and the sweet smell of incense !!

    At around the same time the one girl that I found voraciously sexy [img]wink.gif[/img] was in a band called the Runaways. You see...when you're 15 and out there in the woods of Jersey, sitting on that log drinking blackberry brandy with all of your buddies just waiting to sneak into that dance, there was no one hotter to me than my little Cherie [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] !!!

    OOOOOOhhhhh She's a Little Run-A-Way... [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Lance I have had many a blakberry brandy night as young one in Connecticut. Did you Jersey folk ever enjoy the Southern comfort or Yukon Jack on those winter nights?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sparklelynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2002
    Posts
    415
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    My first musical love: My grandparents bought me two vinyl records for me when I was 6 or 7 years old and a small little portable record player. I had NEVER HEARD of either one of these two people, but my older sisters all went nuts when they saw the records. You guys ever heard of these singers: Tom Jones and Elvis Presley??? Those were the first two "rock and roll" people I ever heard. My older sister was In love with Elvis for his looks...I just LOVED "Jail House Rock" and "Hound Dog" HA HA! [img]redface.gif[/img] and Tom Jones's "Little Green Apples"! LOL
    Yeah-my grandparents considered Tom Jones a Rock and Roll person! [img]eek.gif[/img] Ahhh- the memories! Have a great one all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic